Pages

Tuesday 16 May 2017

My Protein/ Muscle Food Haul



So it seems that when you get into fitness the whole supplement world becomes something you like to throw your money at! Supplements are exactly what they say on the tin - they're an addition to your diet. Bit of a disclaimer here - I'm not a dietician so please don't take what I say and take it as that is exactly what you should do because its not but it is something I am learning about constantly. So yeah essentially, supplements are something you can incorporate into your diet to improve performance and to support muscle growth etc.

Now I've been buying from My Protein for around 6 months or so now and I'm a big fan of their products. I do feel that since using protein more that my body has become more shapely and I seem to be able to maintain and build muscle a lot better but these supplements simply support an already pretty clean diet. As you may or may not know, I'm a vegetarian and actually since dabbling in my fitness pal and tracking macros for a while, I have realized that I really did not used to consume enough protein- it is recommended you have 1g of protein from 1lb of body weight - in my eyes that is a lot of protein and not necessarily achievable, I mean if I didn't take supplements I would probably struggle to get a 1/4 of that into my daily intake - this is a whole other ball game and probably one for a different post!

Anyway, so recently I did a top up order from My Protein and also decided to order from Muscle Food for the first time! I thought this would be a good opportunity to show you what I picked up and my thoughts on the products:

My Protein

Gluten Free Instant Oats - Well as it says on the tin, there is not a great deal to say about these and I don't really have any issues with them, oats are oats at the end of the day! However it is worth noting that this product comes in powder/flour form and when heated it can be a bit difficult to work with compared to normal oats - it is a little stodgy in texture!

Chocolate Caramel Impact Whey Protein - This is my first time trying this flavour and I have to say I am impressed. As an overall consensus I have to say that My Protein win every time for me flavour wise. I am a massive fan of the Strawberry Shortcake & Vanilla Cookie impact diet whey. This brand of Protein definitely has the best taste in my opinion. I love to mix my protein powder in my porridge or blend to make a smoothie or just simply throw in with ice and almond/oat milk.

Raspberry Lemonade BCAA - So this is actually my first time purchasing BCAA's. I have previously had a few Grenade samples and they tasted amazing so I thought I'd give them a go. I actually found drinking BCAA's encouraged me to drink more water just because it tastes so good. BCAA stands for Branch Chained Amino Acids and essentially they promote protein synthesis with encourages muscle growth and helps your body to maintain muscle but also helps with recovery. I feel this article HERE might explain it all better to you because as I say I'm not qualified! I love this flavour and so far I have found that it does help your muscles to be less 'achey' which is a bonus!

My Bar Zero Cookies & Cream - Now I actually purchased these to go hand in hand with the Prutella following a recommendation from a Youtuber  I follow - Elle Darby. These are a high protein low carb snack and supposedly go amazing with Prutella when microwaved shortly. Now they're okay but nothing special! I don't think I would purchase them again though. Apparently the chocolate flavour is the one to go for but unfortunately they were out of stock!

Muscle Food


This was my first time ordering from Muscle Food!

Walden Farms Zero Calorie Chocolate Syrup & Mocha Coffee Creamer - To be honest I have combined the two products because my opinion for them both is exactly the same. I was super excited to try the Walden Farms products and had heard so much about them but I have to say,  I was extremely disappointed. Both products taste of what I can only describe as poison! I certainly wont be repurchasing these! I feel I must be missing something here as everyone else seems to hype about them but the honest truth is they just don't taste good.

Prutella Chocolate Hazelnut Spread & Coconut & White Chocolate Spread - So as I mentioned earlier on this purchase went hand in hand with the My Bar Zero. I actually purchased two different flavours. Now I am OBSESSED with the Coconut & White Chocolate flavour, However, a side note - these products don't taste anything remotely like Nutella and don't have the Chocolate Spread Texture you'd expect - they're actually quite stodgy if I'm honest! However the flavours are pretty good.

Please note I have some special promotional codes for My Protein for you to use at the check out but you need to follow the URL provided to benefit from them. These include:
Free Delivery when you spend over £40 Code is DELIVERYFREE - CLICK HERE 
30% off Vegan Range  Code is: VEGAN30 CLICK HERE 
25% off Food & Snacks Code is: 25FOOD CLICK HERE

These codes are all valid until 25.05.17 at midnight! :)

I hope you enjoyed this post!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign