Pages

Wednesday 22 October 2014

The Big Book Haul #1


Hey my lovelies - so as you know, I have recently turned into a bit of a book worm. As a promise to my self in this blog post here I decided that I wanted to start reading more, so guess what?! That's exactly what I've been doing.

I actually think I've gone from one end of the spectrum to the complete polar opposite. Until around a month or so ago, reading a book was something I had always enjoyed but never really indulged in all too often. Not half as often as I'd have liked to anyway. However, now I am a woman converted. I absolutely love reading and discovering new reads. I have probably read one book a week over the last month or so and will definitely continue to do so. I have become obsessed with Amazon and seeking out best selling books at lower prices. Just lately, nothing makes my day more than coming home from work to an Amazon parcel that I know has a good old book inside.

I thought I would share with you some of my recent reads. This may be a monthly/two monthly feature on my blog depending on whether you guys like it! So if you enjoy this post please do let me know and every time I have read a huge pile of books  I will let you all know what's been on my reading list. So here we go...

1. Before I Go To Sleep
This book had me hooked, although for a while it is a bit repetitive make sure you persevere with this book as the ending is brilliant and not at all what I had expected. The film to this book has just come out recently and on the day it was released I remember I had around 80 pages left to read - which I was determined to make my way through before going to the cinema that night. I literally sat in silence in the car with Kyle all the way to Doncaster and back and then all the way to IKEA in Nottingham ooops. I would totally say though that the book is so much better than the film. The film is far too fast paced and misses out little parts of the book which is something I found really irritating. PS. The book isn't in the picture as I believe my sister has pinched it to read for her self!

2. A Fault In Our Stars
God this book is an emotional one. I think this book will always have a special place in my heart, y'know? Again, the ending of this book is not what you expect and keeps you interested throughout. I haven't actually seen the film yet but when it gets released in November it will be an essential purchase. The ending to this book actually made me cry and that's a first! I've never known my self cry at a book before but it's just so emotional, lovely and sad all at the same time. You feel as though you connect with the characters in the book and see them go on a rollacoaster journey which is why I think you get so attached to it.

3. To Kill A Mockingbird
Okay, so I'm kinda cheating on this one. I actually started reading this book recently simply because I'd heard the title of this book so many times and seen on Amazon it's one of their best sellers so I thought I'd better see what I'm missing out on. I think a lot of people studied this book at school but I didn't so I feel kind of left out. However, I'm 40 pages in and I'm struggling to continue with it. With most books, they're a bit slow to get into at first but jesus either this book is a slow starter or it's just not my cup of tea. I'm trying to retain interest in the book and continue to read it, but unlike the other books I have read I just don't get that feeling where I'm itching to pick it up and study the pages. It's actually more of an effort to drag my self to read it - and you shouldn't feel like that with a book. So I'm actually reaching out to you guys and asking - should I persevere with the book, is it worth the hype or should I just scrap it? Please let me know your thoughts!

4. Bridget Jones Diary
Oh man, I just love this book. I think Helen Fielding deserves a medal! On this occasion, I had actually seen the film before the book and it's one of my favorite films ever. So, I thought it would be only fair to dedicate my self to reading the book as well - since that's what inspired the film and d'ya know what?! I was not disappointed, not one bit. The book is so light hearted, hilarious and relatable to pretty much every female out there in one way or another - single or not! As soon as I finished this book I was absolutely desperate to watch the film and I was also dying to get hold of the sequel, so I have actually ordered Edge of Reason now and am currently waiting for it to arrive. I will let you know my thoughts. Hopefully it's as good as the original!

5. The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook
Ah, you guys know me. I've got the worlds biggest sweet tooth and I absolutely love both The Hummingbird Bakery and well, baking. Based on my previous statement, I thought it would probably be a good idea to get myself their Cookbook and get whipping up some delights in the kitchen. I actually made something from the book the other day for a special occasion so  I will follow up this post with a recipe shortly for you all! Hint - it's a good un'.

So that's it for my recent reads! I have just started a new book and am awaiting the delivery of a couple of others so if you guys liked this post I will give you another update as soon as a I've sifted through a few more books!

What are you currently reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign