Pages

Wednesday 28 May 2014

MAC Maleficent Lipstick Review



Hey guys so this is a post I've been absolutely dying to do for ages! As you all should know by now, tomorrow the amazing film Maleficent will be coming  out in the cinema in the UK. As a huge Disney fan and even bigger fan of the Disney villain Maleficent I'm sure you can only imagine my excitement when I found out there was a film coming out just about the big old meany herself!

A huge hype seems to have floated all over the world about Maleficent - possibly down to the fact that the stunning Angelina Jolie is the one taking on the role as the evil madam. Another theory is that Malifecent seems to have become a style icon and I'm talking world wide. I mean did that fierce red lip statement and smokey eyes Arabian nights make up look derive from the queen of evil herself? Anyway further to my statement just then- unless you've been hibernating for somewhat an eternity then you will of course be aware of the amazing collaboration with MAC Cosmetics and Disney Maleficent. Pure genius if you ask me! As soon as I found out about this collab I obsessively checked my emails for weeks hoping to see my email from MAC notifying me of the uk launch and well once the glorious moment did happen I just knew I had to purchase something.

I  decided to go for the lipstick in the 'True Loves Kiss ' and  wow what a great purchase it was. I'm a sucker for red lipsticks as it is so I knew I would be lured into getting a lipstick.



So when my MAC delivery arrived my first impressions were well - impressed! The packaging was lovely and just how I hoped it would be. It was in a standard black package but had the Malifecent logo and hologram along with the MAC & Disney logo. It wasn't too in your face but was just a lovely touch to the product.

Upon opening the product I'll be honest I didn't hang around! I wiped off my lipgloss and decided to apply some. Now this lipstick creates a real colour pop and is a big statement so if you don't like standing out this colour ain't for you honey! The finish to the lipstick is glossy and shimmery unlike a lot of my other lipsticks which was a nice change. So overall thoughts -  9/10 for me. I just wish I purchased more of the collection! The staying power of this lipstick too is brilliant. I wore it out on a night out recently and stupidly forgot to put it in my clutch to top up. Luckily though after far too many drinks and shots the lipstick still stayed put.




I'll end this by letting you know that indeed I will be being a massive cliche and wearing my Maleficent lipstick tomorrow when I go and watch it at the the cinema!

Have you tried any of the MAC Maleficent range? What do you think to it?

2 comments:

  1. Lovely shade of red and I actually love the packaging :)

    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this colour!!
    Maddy xx
    bluecarnations.blospot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign